So surgery itself is not funny but some of the things my kids have done are. Let's begin with the day of surgery. We dropped the girls off at my sister's and Maggie was the happiest kid when we were leaving. She was so excited to be a big girl like Abby and get to stay with Aunt Shari. Abby on the other hand sat on the couch and pouted because Maggie got to stay with Aunt Shari. When Maggie went down for a nap Shari found Abby down doing a dance because Maggie could not interfere with her Shari time. After I got home and Brad had been to the pharmacy, Maggie took it upon herself to read all the info that came with the prescriptions. She took the papers, settled herself down next to me on the bed and proceeded to read.Well you all know how well 18month old's read but she looked super cute. As the week has progressed the kids have tried to help so much. It was funny watching Zack try to get the girls dressed. Abby running away from him laughing and him tackling her and sitting on her. I think he got a little frustrated. My ultimate favorite help has been Abby. I decided to take a bath and Abby wanted a bath too. So she sat in the bathroom crying as I got in. Pretty soon she realized that maybe mom needed help. She found a cup and started filling it up and dumping it. So helpful, I know, it gets better. She even helped with the soap. Yep that is right, she soaped up my one arm really good. Brad finally came and got her but the whole thing struck me funny. A week ago if someone would have asked how I thought my kids would help, I never would have said my 2 yr old would help me bathe. She had a great time and I guess the way I give her a bath has not gone unnoticed. I just had to laugh the rest of the night because that is NOT something you come across everyday. So when I think of this surgery in years to come I will most likely not remember the pain, the hangover, or any of that stuff. I will remember how each of my kids tried to help and the laughter it brought.
No comments:
Post a Comment